Monday, January 14, 2008

Will You Join Me?

Will You Join Me?

Who will become our Nations 44th President? Your guess is as good as mine. Every Presidential Election that I can recall seems to be more important than the last. Every body running for President stresses that if you do not Vote for their ticket America is doomed! History has a way of putting the right people in the right place at the right time. The field of canadents has thinned over the last few months. The Republicans are down to McCain, Romney, Huckabee, Thompson, Paul, Hunter, and Giuliani. The Democrats are down to Obama, Clinton, Edwards, Gravel and Kucinich.

It always amazes me that so many people want to be President. Think about the last few Presidents. Ronald Reagan sold weapons illegally in what has become know as the Iran Contra. Thanks Ronnie! You sold weapons to our enemies in Iran and the Sandinistas in Nicaragua are back in control in the form of Daniel Ortega. Hardly a legacy I want to be remembered for. Who can forget George Bush’s read my lips no new taxes speech. You could see the one term President title being printed in History books as he left the podium. I can’t help but think anyone who named their daughter Monica in the 90’s regrets it. Bill Clinton brought a shame to the White House that hasn’t been scene in a matter of well……a couple years or so. Don’t get me started on George “W” Bush. He is still playing hide and go seek for Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq. Illegal Wire Taps, Leaked CIA Identities, the list could go on and on. Millions of dollars spent to become President. Billions of dollars wasted while President.

Every American is affected by something going on in the Country right now. The housing market is in the trash, a recession is on the horizon, jobs are leaving the country at record numbers, healthcare costs are on the rise and Brittany Spears lost custody of her children. What is an American to do? I know what I am going to do. I will cast my Vote for the 44th President of the United States of America next November. Will you join me?

M.M. Cayman

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll join you and vote in Nov but after reading your piece I was so depressed I had to go watch some Spongebob. It really is something how differently conservatives and liberals view our country, its past and the world.

M.M. Cayman said...

I agree. I am a young man who has friends that are on the right and the left. I believe to much of one is bad for the country. We need both. Who ever becomes our new President- I will respect and support. God Bless the U.S.A.!

Anonymous said...

Nice reviews. Seeing as you come off as a connoisseur I'm assuming you tried Rhum Barbancourt Reserve Speciale 8 years from Haiti. If not then it is a sore miss and you should try it. Excellent rum and I believe it is the finest in the Caribbean...

Anonymous said...

This is the same person who wrote the prior comment on the Barbancourt...I meant to leave the comment on the other blog. My apologies.